Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday

As you can see, it was a beautiful day. Calm before the storm, really. We are buying lots of canned food and extra water, and mapping the route that I will drive with the 2 dogs if we get evacuated. Peter will have to stay at work.
We took the kayak out again today. He was asking how far I wanted to paddle, and I pointed to some driftwood in the distance. As we both looked at the destination, a dolphin surfaced there! So we spent a few minutes trying to follow it. Great fun. Then we paddled back home. Now we're getting ready to eat (my first attempt at cooking) a puertorican pernil. Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. JEN!
    i just hugged Bazooka and now I am MUDDY! Time to shower but not before I say... I gosh I wish I were there with you! How fun to evacuate! (and a little stressful but exciting!) Drive up to Pennsylvania and visit my people! Praying for safety, low storm surge, enough gas and the dogs to sleep the whole way! (Is Princess there now?)

    ReplyDelete