Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Diseased

I've been learning a lot about diseases. Most of the books in this house are about various diseases. When Peter comes home from work I get to hear about diseases. When we get together with any of his co-workers, I hear about diseases. (They do talk about other things, but maybe the details of disease are newer and more interesting to me?) Anyways, you could understand how I would freak out when I woke up one morning with a black tongue. I brushed it and scrubbed it, and rinsed until the mouthwash was almost gone. No change. After doing the dishes I would check. And in the middle of folding the laundry, and after walking with Delaney.
As evening came, I realized that I was going to have to admit to Peter that I was diseased and be subjected to quarantine and swabs and who knew what else? I did really well at procrastinating, but finally just before bed I nervously asked him what it would mean if a person hypothetically had a black tongue. Do you know what his answer was?? He shrugged, and said, "That means you've taken too much Pepto Bismol." ...Oh.

5 comments: