Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adjusting

Hi Friends, thanks for reading. : ) Days keep passing with activities like church, medical appointments, grocery shopping, laundry. It still doesn't feel real. Last night Peter was working late.While watching the Olympics and waiting for him to finish, the thought ran through my head- "He needs to hurry up so we can hang out. I have to go home soon!" Oops. Still hasn't hit me yet.
Delaney seems to be adjusting better than me. She helps herself to the couch, patrols the backyard for squirrels, and talks to her friend, Daisy (the lab next door) through the fence. Daisy is a gulf coast native. She even survived a tangle with an alligator earlier in the year. I'm hoping she tells Delaney how to stay away from them! Thankfully, Peter seems to enjoy having Delaney in the house...

3 comments:

  1. When I got married,I remember it taking me about 2 years for my home to feel permanent and to finally stop feeling like I needed to "go home".......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it took me a month or so until I stopped thinking I need to get home. It didn't take me too long to feel at home once I unpacked my things and we bought some things together. The first time he was gone on a conference for a week I remember feeling like it was strange but you'll feel at home in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete