Sunday, August 5, 2012

First week as a housewife

 I have survived my first week as a housewife, and I am happy to report that the smoke alarm did not go off. The plants have not died. None of the clothes in the laundry bled or shrunk. My husband has survived a week of my cooking! Now to do it all over again. : )
I have been trying to spend an hour or two working in the yard in the morning before it gets too hot. All of the bushes and the enano poky palm trees are overgrown and there is still a lot to do. Yesterday it was fun to spend the afternoon in the front yard with Peter and Delaney. We cut the grass, pulled a lot of weeds, and trimmed the bushes in front of the house. Satisfying work. Here is a before picture. Still a bit more to do before posting an after picture.

2 comments:

  1. yeah!!! maybe I can mail you some ever versatile border ferns - your un-favorite? but then when you move it will be ok to leave it behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've learned that weeding is one of my least favorite things to do! i like a yard but i don't like the work that comes with it. i just remind myself to count my blessings! :) i'm sure it will look picture perfect in no time.

    ReplyDelete