Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rainy day

Yesterday was a lovely and dreary day. The sun did not show its face outside, and neither did I. There was lightning and thunder that shook the house. Torrential downpouring of rain. The kind of day where I was thankful to light a few candles, make a cup of tea, and just be at home. At one point I did open the front door and saw our welcome mat slowly floating away. One of the future projects I had hoped to do in the front was to take all the rocks out of the planters and do mulch and plants. Now I'm thinking now. I took a picture, and texted to Peter, saying "ahh, THAT'S why they have rocks instead of plants there..." He thought it was funny. I still think our yard needs a facelift.

3 comments:

  1. the stones are nice - you know how well mulch floats away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL "...slowly floating away..." I had to laugh because I can hear you say this.

    Good thing you didn't plant anything because you would have seen that floating along w/the mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Same deal today. Even the rocks are floating away now!

      Delete